Thursday, February 11, 2016

St. Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is always a special day in the world of Romance, no what genre or era.  In the Regency Valentine's Day was marked with not cards and chocolates as it is so often today. I love those little heart shaped boxes of chocolates. I always bought them for my daughters.  I digress.


Valentine's Day was more of a "home made" affair, with posies and poems from secret admirers. I would be looking for a posy of snowdrops in February in England. A sign that spring was just around the corner and that the dude (sorry, gentleman) had gone to some trouble to seek them out.

Which would be the flower to win your heart?






Talking of winning hearts, I have joined in with several other romance authors to give away St Valentine's Day goodies.  If you want to know more about the contests, check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AnnLethbridgeAuthor  Here is a graphic taste of what we are up to.



Wishing you all a happy day with your significant other, chocolate, a book, a movie, or whatever else floats your romance boat

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment