Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Adventures in London


by Ann Lethbridge

The Arosfa Hotel is a refurbished 200-year old Georgian Town House in the historic Bloomsbury district, the former home of the famous Pre-Raphaelite artist Sir John Everett Millais.

Staying in a Georgian Town House near Bedford Square is a treat in itself I must say. I am right at the top of the house at the back, so it is quite a climb. No forgetting things and running back for them, I can assure you.

My first day here, Sunday, was hot and sunny and since it was too early to occupy my room, I left my luggage and set off on a long walk in search of all things Regency.

First stop, Bedford Square. One of the best preserved examples of Georgian architecture in London.

More to come on the square, of course, but the hour grows late and so I must wish you happy rambles, until next time.

1 comment: