Thursday, September 30, 2010

Searching for Regency London

One Night as a CourtesanNews.
One Night as a Courtesan is out. 
 A short e-story for your reading pleasure.
Widow Julia Partridge is desperate. To repay a debt, she's forced to sell herself in an auction at the most exclusive bawdy house in London. Julia only has to get through one night with one man--though she never imagined that man would be Alistair Crawford, the dissolute Duke of Dunstan! Alistair has the face of a fallen angel...and a reputation for vice to match. Yet when he turns his attentions to Julia, he unexpectedly arouses more passion in a few moments than she'd felt in her entire marriage....

Harlequin Historicals Undone, exclusively available in eBook.
Mills and Boon
The picture will take you to Amazon.com

Regency London

It is always fun to have something new to show and tell, but I did promise you a blog so staying with Hampstead Heath, I next walked to Keats House

Keats became much better known after his death and it makes me feel quite sad to know that such a talented young man died young, age 25, died almost alone, and was unrequited in love. The woman  he loved lived in the same house in a separate apartment. He lived here from 1818 to 1820 and it was where he wrote his most intensely moving poems.

 It is a small house and very peaceful, even though it is surrounded by a subdivision of houses.

It was not the happiest afternoon for me, I think I found it to affecting that someone so talented should have so little time.

There is lots to be read about Keats, his work, his life, but I don't think I wish to do more than show where he lived.
So that is all from me tonight.


Until next time, Happy Rambles.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I felt the same way watching the movie Bright Star. So much talent, so much to live for and his life was cut so short.

    I did a similar post about the Bronte sisters this monday (Oct 4) on Risky Regencies.

    ReplyDelete