Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Story Coming Out

by Michele Ann Young

It is always exciting when you see a new cover, knowing one of your stories lies beneath the artwork.

This one is lovely, don't you think? I did look at it with a faintly jaundiced eye, wondering if that corset isn't just a bit too Victorian, but then I decided that the front-closing stays fit with the Regency. And the girl's face is lovely.

This is a compendium of twenty-five short stories due out in May and I am in such exalted company as Mary Jo Putney, Eloisa James, Loretta Chase and Mary Balogh. I feel honoured, I must say.

My story is called Remember and is about two lovers meeting after a long, bitter separation.

Due out in May, at the moment the only place I am seeing the book listed is at Amazon UK. I am not sure if there will be a different North America date. Here is the link. The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance.
These books are also founds in bookstores everywhere.

Naturally I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Until next time, Happy Rambles

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the forthcoming release, Michele! I'll look forward to getting a copy of the book in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does seem very late Regency as far as corsets go, if not Victorian. But as it's a photo rather than artwork, I guess the photographers are less likely to manage accuracy, since they'd need to source the corset specially for the shot. Or it may well have been a generic 'Victorian' shot and was picked for a Regency cover for any number of reasons, including that it's rather eye-catching!

    Well done and good luck with it, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, and Jane, good observations. I also got word that they think Amazon is wrong and it is coming out in June, so I will let everyone know when the waters clear.
    Best
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Michele, this is on my futures list. I adore short stories. Can't wait to read yours. Not surprised you are among such exaulted company.

    Cheers, Laurel Ann

    P.S. that corset does look very Victorian. The cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laurel Ann. I have discovered I really like writing short stories too, just as I like writing long ones.
    Michele.

    ReplyDelete