Monday, November 2, 2009

The Georgian Theatre Royal ~ Richmond, Yorkshire



by Michele Ann Young

I stumbled across a pdf today on the renovation of the Georgian Theatre Royal, in Richmond, Yorkshire. I was looking for something completely different. Trying to find out if a retracting roof might be a possibility. As it happens, I did find one in Venice for our period. Decided against it in the end.

Anyway I don't have permission to post the pdf here, but this theatre is so typically and beautifully Georgian and was open during the Regency, all I can do is suggest you visit the link and enjoy. If you click the picture it will take you to the theatre's official website.

My other bit of excitement was the unexpected arrival of copies the next Ann Lethbridge book,
Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress. These are hardback copies primarily for the UK library market, but since it was the first time I got a peek at the cover, it was a thrill. I did manage to scan it in for you to see, but I now see it is up on Amazon too.

TaaDaa


I like it. Actually, crazy fool that I am, I got goose bumps. It clearly doesn't take a great deal to make me happy.

Until next time, Happy Rambles.

5 comments:

  1. Ann,
    your new book cover is absolutely stunning,
    Enjoy,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gerri! Seeing one's cover for the first time is always a bit heartstopping, but so far the cover gods have been kind to me.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete