Wednesday, October 14, 2009

News

by Michele Ann Young

If you wondered where we were for the past few days, there were a couple of things going on. This past week end was also the Canadian Thanksgiving. Mmmm Turkey.

We also attended the Emerald City Writers Conference in Seattle. The first picture is of me and Robin Wood. We sat side by side at this Conference in 2007. This time I made sure we had a picture. I signed both The Lady Flees Her Lord and The Rake's Inherited Courtesan.

The conference was also yummy. I got to catch up with some old friends and meet a couple of new ones and I attended some great workshops which I will talk about next.

I also gave a workshop with my American Title Sisters, Gerri Russell, the winner of the contest and Theresa Meyers. Our talk was on making a splash before you sell. How to have a presence when you don't have a book to sell and how that will help you once you are published. We had a great attendance and since several of the attendees came up to thank us at the end, I believe we provided some interesting information. Here I am with Gerri and another writer friend Judith Laik.

Since I only had one day in Seattle (it being Thanksgiving back at home and all) and since I met my agent in the morning, I attended only a few of the other workshops. Those I did attend were excellent.

The Writer Warrior, with Bob Mayer, sent me away feeling energized and armed to take charge of my writing career. The second on editing with Robert Dugoni was packed full of information. I talked to Robert at the booksigning and he is fun and serious. My last session was with Megan Chance. A great workshop full of concrete examples

All of the speakers had lots of information and spoke very fast. They had great hand outs.


Deborah Cooke a member of my home chapter gave very wise and insightful comments on the definitions of success for a writer. Here she is at the signing.







I also managed a couple of brief hellos with Mary Buckham, who was kind enough to give me and a friend a tour of San Diego a couple of years ago. It was so great to see her again, no matter how briefly. Mary will be coming to Toronto in the spring so I hope we have more time to talk then.


There you have it. What I have been up to.

Until next time, Happy Rambles

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog so much I can hardly stand it. You know there is something to be said of a passion expressed well, sadly I’m not the one to say it but I’ll say this, well done. I'll visit often now I've found it.
    All the very best,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete