Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Writer Returns


Okay, so a bit dramatic, but as I mentioned I was off at the Romance Writers of America Conference in San Francisco last week. Here is my book signing picture as proof. And yes, I am wearing a Regency gown, made by me, which I later wore to the Beaumonde soiree.

After travelling all day Sunday and somehow picking up a flue bug on the plane, I am only just now getting my head in order. So, apologizing profusely, I missed my Monday post. And today all I am going to do is tell you a bit about the conference. Tomorrow, I promise August fashions and then back to normal programing.

While in San Fransisco, I attended the Beaumonde conference and learned lots and lots, which of course I can't wait to share with you all, after we have finished our money segment. And one little bit about my trip to Wales this year. As a taste, here is a period saddle.

The Beaumonde sesssions covered a huge variety of information from weapons to saddles to riding to costumes. I could only attend a very few, but I took in the areas I felt I needed most.

The booksigning at Literacy was awesome. My first with RWA. I met with my agent, my editor, and my publisher. The authors had a wonderful dinner with Sourcebooks, editor and publisher and publicists. I was also part of a panel with my sisters from the American Title 2 contest. We talked about making a splash before you are published and we had a good number of attendees and very positive feed back. We are hoping to give the workshop again, either at conferences or or line. So that was very exciting.

We were also able to do a little bit of sightseeing, and in particular a trip to Napa Valley, Muir Woods and Sausalito. Here is a glimpse of husband and daughter outside a winery, with a wonderful view behind.

Now there are books to write and proposals to send in, so until next time, Happy Rambles.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time! Your dress is gorgeous.

    That saddle is so interesting--does the leather go down as far as it seems to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian. I ended up sewing the braid on in the hotel room. lol

    Yes the saddle did go down quite a way. I loved the pistol holsters. Pistol grips always point forward in a saddle holster, so you can draw them more easily. You probably knew that already. lol

    ReplyDelete